- Live updates as pupils collect their GCSE results 2019
The nervous wait is over as pupils collect their GCSE results today
- Overcrowding is biggest travel gripe for London commuters
London commuters are left “travelling like cattle” in packed conditions, with overcrowding seen as the biggest problem for public transport in the capital.
- Shocking images show extent of flytipping in Mill Hill
Shocking images show the extent of flytipping and rubbish which has been dumped out of sight from the public.
- The best restaurant deals for pupils receiving GCSE results 2019
It's GCSE results day today.
- London gets triple the transport funding of North of England
Spending on public transport in London vastly outweighs investment in other parts of England, according to new think tank analysis.
- The Brexit Party: Hendon and Finchley & Golders Green candidates
Two Brexit Party prospective parliamentary candidates (PPC) have been named.
- Morning update: Bakerloo line signal failure delays
Good morning everyone, with today being the GCSE results day, we hope everyone’s travel journeys go well. Here is the morning round-up:
- Charity kayak aims to raise awareness of Rett syndrome
A student will be kayaking 12 miles across the River Thames next month to raise awareness of a rare genetic brain disorder.
- Shaun Bailey claimed more police are "useless" to deter criminals
Conservative mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey once described increasing police numbers as an “absolutely useless” way to deter criminals.
- A1 shut near Borehamwood after crash involving biker
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital after being involved in a collision on the A1.
- Thousands of fare dodgers overcharged by rail companies
Train companies have admitted overcharging thousands of passengers caught fare dodging.
- Adult social care in London facing £500m funding gap
Adult social care in London will face a funding gap of more than £500 million by 2025, according to research by London Councils.
- Hendon man jailed after raping and threatening to kill a woman
A man has been sentenced to more than ten years in jail after raping a woman.
- More time to comment on Barnet farmland development
People are being given more time to have their say on plans to build houses and flats on Barnet farmland.
- Traffic news: Broken vehicles cause delays across the M25
Good morning everyone, hope your travel journeys are going well. Here is the morning roundup:
- A man who stabbed a woman to death in Hendon is jailed for murder
A man who stabbed a woman in his own address has been convicted and jailed.
- Train closures due to major works this August Bank Holiday weekend
Those travelling by train this weekend are being urged to check the schedule before heading out.
- Barnet Council criticised over gym planning breach
Barnet Council has been branded “inept” for failing to get tough on a gym that has allegedly been flouting planning guidelines.
- Traffic and travel update: Some delays on M25 and A406
Good morning, A fine start to the day with plenty of sunshine once any early mist clears. Chance of an afternoon shower developing otherwise dry with plenty of sunshine to end the day. Winds remaining mainly light. Maximum temperature 22 °C.
- Heathrow third runway putting residents last says London Assembly
Heathrow Airport is prioritising airlines and passengers over local residents in its expansion plans, the London Assembly has said.